2015 November Ipsy Subscription - Unboxing

7:21 AM

Over the years i've tried Topbox, Glossybox, but the only beauty subscription service i've stuck with ipsy.


Let's take a look at this month's Ipsy box!


This month's bag has this funky purple and pink space-theme. Not my favourite, but by far not the worst. The fabric is soft and not crunchy-plastic like some of the previous bags.


Inside there are 5 "samples"


A generous sample of Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara. I've never used this mascara before, though a similar sample also came with the Smashbox Full Exposure Palette. I'm excited to see how it measures up to the drugstore mascaras I love like the Covergirl Lashblast and Maybelline The Rocket. 


Abosolute New York Nano Liner is a full-sized item valued at $9.99 USD and contains 1ml of product. 


This liner has a very fine, somewhat soft felt tip. Very comparable to the Stila Stay All Day Liquid liner, which is a cult favourite.


My bag also came with the Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Stereo. This is a full sized item with a retail value of $5 USD.


Here is a swatch of both the liner and the shadow. I tried the liner yesterday and it was quite easy to use and stayed all day. The shadow is a beautiful copper-burgundy colour with flecks of gold glitter. Not a shade I would wear day to day, but it could work as a sparkly liner or an outer corner accent.


Next is the Avance Flawless Effects Skincare Mattifying Emulsion Primer. It's a generously sized sample at 0.5 oz, which is roughly half the size of a typical foundation. 


Unfortunately, for me, the formulation does contain Benzyl Salicylate and Sodium Salicylate, both of which are forms of salicylic acid, which the skin on my face is extremely allergic to. 


This primer has a nice texture and felt moisturizing on my hand, but I won't be trying it on my face as salicylic acid always leaves my skin with red rashes all over. 



Lastly we have the Hello Gorgeous travel with me makeup paper travel blush in Montecito. I'm not quite sold on this "on the go blush" concept just yet. I usually don't re-apply my blush during the day, but it's an interesting concept. I'm looking forward to giving this a try.


All in all, I'm quite happy with this month's Ipsy bag. What's your favourite beauty subscription box?


xoxo,
alixirs




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts