Comparison: Lancome UV Expert GN Shield vs Allie Mineral Moist

7:27 AM


I'm almost out of my Allie UV Mineral Moist SPF50+ PA+++ sunscreen by Kanebo, and while I'm waiting for a new one to come in the mail, I dug around my stash and found this baby - Lancome's UV Expert GN Shield High Potency Active Protection.



This is actually my second tube of the Lancome UV Expert as I purchased this in a two-pack in duty free about a year back. I used up the previous tube and kept this one as I switched to more affordable options. The Lancome UV Expert retailed for roughly $45 USD when I purchased it a few years back, versus Allie's price tag of $35 CAD. (Note: CAD and USD were at parity a few years back, but the Canadian dollar recently depreciated a lot due to low commodity prices. We're now at about $1CAD=$0.75USD)

Both products come in very sleek and sanitary packaging. The Lancome comes with 50 grams of product while the Allie has 90 grams.


The squeeze tube is very convenient and easy to control.


Both products have a very smooth texture and are easily spread out without feeling greasy at all. Here we have the Lancome on the left and Allie on the right. I will say that Allie's sunscreen has a more gel-like watery feel while Lancome feel's more like a cream.




As you can see, after blending into the skin both products disappear and are fantastic to use under makeup.

Other than a fantastic texture, both products offer great UVA and UVB protection. I regularly use Allie's really only because It's cheaper per gram of product. Why not save a buck where you can?

xoxo,
alixirs


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts