Smith's Rosebud Salve Comparison: Original Rosebud Salve, Minted Rose Lip Balm, and Brambleberry Rose Lip Balm

2:03 PM

 I've had the original Smith's Rosebud Salve for a while now ( tube form). Recently I came across the baby pink-capped Brambleberry and the Mint version in Urban Outfitters, so I had to snatch these babies up.



All three come in a squeeze tube with a slanted doe foot tip, making application very easy and sanitary.


First up is the Brambleberry Roise Lip Balm. When I saw the packaging I knew I had to have it! It's just so precious. I'm not quite sure what Brazzleberry is but the scent of this particular lip balm is VERY strong. I'm talking so strong I could smell it before I even broke the seal on the packaging. It's a very sweet scent that is almost sickeningly so. Gotta say, not a huge fan.


Next is the Minted Rose Lip Balm. This is the one I was the most excited for, as I typically love a mint-scented lip balm. It's much more subtle than the Brambleberry. You get a hint of mint and rose. Perfection!


The original is simply rose scented. Oldie but goodie!



Swatched from top to bottom: Original Rosebud Salve, Minted Rose Lip Balm, and Brambleberry Rose Lip Balm.

A few things to note: 
1. three come with 14.2g or 0.5oz of product, which is a lot!
2. All three look pretty much clear on the lips
3. The original is called a salve/balm and is stated to be multipurpose (ie you can apply it on heels, hands, cuticles etc), while the minted rose and brambleberry rose lip balms are specifically called "lip balms".

Overall, will definitely repurchase the original and the minted rose lip balm. My nose can't quite get used to the overbearing scent of the Brambleberry. Too bad, since the packaging is so adorable.

Have you tried any of the Smith's rose balms? Do share!

xoxo,
alixirs


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts